Re: elint and the byte-compiler

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: elint and the byte-compiler
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 03:40:37 +0200

Ian Zimmerman <itz@buug.org> writes:

>> OK - so in other words I can remove all the
>> requires and to make the byte-compiler shut up just
>> use defvar before I set the variable.
>
> Right, that's what I do and it works. Though my
> setup seems to be much simpler than yours :-)

Yeah, Emacs is a lifestyle to many and a religion to
some. To me it is a place to be a programmer. It is
just like the shell (zsh) where I have tons of stuff
as well.

Many years ago I did apply for random programming
jobs. I guess I should thank them for turning me down,
because otherwise I would have been a Java and PHP
programmer by now, instead of a Lisper ... Ha! What am
I saying? That would never have happened.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573