Re: Emacs Book Vs Emacs Manuals

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs Book Vs Emacs Manuals
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 17:31:27 +0200

> but be reminded that LaTeX tables need not be so
> neatly arranged in the source code.
>
> So: another win for keyboard macros.

?! - on the contrary: keyboard macros relies on the
code being arranged.

Now, regexps and Elisp (for this purpose) would also
rely on that but would still come up on top because of
more expressive power.

However, I don't consider this a big loss for keyboard
macros - rather it is a loss for the programmer who
wrote such code to begin with.

And again, I don't consider using regexps or Elisp
everyday stuff for editing code. For that purpose
I have a 61 keys and nine fingers.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573