Re: Gnus + Gmail + IMAP

From: Vaidheeswaran C
Subject: Re: Gnus + Gmail + IMAP
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 10:18:19 +0530

If you are on a modern Gnus you can try doing

while in the "groups" buffer and use nnimap as the backend.  Gnus will
do all the right things for you -- setup authinfo etc etc -- for
recieving of mails.

It will do nothing for your send side.  You need to configure smtp
server separately.

Only thing the above interface MUST do (but doens't do right now) is
to "custom save" your user mail address and user name for use in later
sessions.  (This is a bug which should be addressed by maintainers).

B runs the command gnus-group-browse-foreign-server (found in
gnus-group-mode-map), which is an interactive compiled Lisp function
in 'gnus-group.el'.

It is bound to B, <menu-bar> <Gnus> <Browse foreign server...>.

(gnus-group-browse-foreign-server METHOD)

Browse a foreign news server.
If called interactively, this function will ask for a select method
 (nntp, nnspool, etc.) and a server address (e.g., nntp.some.where).
If not, METHOD should be a list where the first element is the method
and the second element is the address.

[back]