Re: Gnus + Gmail + IMAP

From: Alexander Shukaev
Subject: Re: Gnus + Gmail + IMAP
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 17:57:48 +0200

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 5:24 PM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 13:14:04 +0200
> > From: Alexander Shukaev <haroogan@gmail.com>
> >
> > I can now verify that the connection takes place, but there is still a
> > problem.  It is now stuck on the splash screen of Gnus with the message:
> >
> > Opening connection to imap.gmail.com...done
> >
> > And in the process manager, I can only see that the memory consumption of
> > the Emacs process is consistently rising.  Any ideas?
>
> Are you sure it is stuck, and not just reading a lot of stuff?  How
> much time did you wait?
>
> If you waited long enough, attach a debugger and tell us where Emacs
> is looping, and what does it need that memory for.  That should give
> some clue to the nature of the problem.

​I've waited for say 30 minutes.  I can't believe that it's that much stuff
to download.  I've also tried with

(setq gnus-newsgroup-maximum-articles 1)

and the result is the same.  To debug, would I need to build the debug
version of Emacs?  Or you mean debug some Lisp function?  If yes, then
which one?  `gnus'?  If you mean GDB, then again, what exactly should I
look for?

Regards,
Alexander​