GNU EMACS PERFORMANCE PROFILING

From: joseph . koziatek
Subject: GNU EMACS PERFORMANCE PROFILING
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 08:00:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

Is there some kind of performance profiler in Gnu Emacs?

I have some custom lisp code that I invoke for basic buffer operations such as
switching buffers. I experience a delay with Gnu Emacs 24. This delay does not
happen in Gnu Emacs 21..

So I'm trying to find out where emacs 24 is spending it's time internally vs
emacs 21, and to see if I can improve it..

Is there some kind of profiler that records perhaps the milliseconds where
emacs is spending in each function (my functions as well as emacs's internal
functions) ?

Thanks In Advanced

Joe