run emacs in batch mode without a tty

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: run emacs in batch mode without a tty
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 02:14:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I would like to run my elisp unit tests in a docker container, but my CI
doesn't let me enable a tty when I'm doing this.

Given that the tests would only be using a dumb terminal anyway, it really just
needs to be mocked out, but I don't have anything under `/dev/tty*`

Is it possible to run emacs in batch mode without access to a tty? Is there a
way to mock a tty for these purposes?

No user input is expected throughout the entire run.

Best regards,
Sam