Re: Gnus not showing all mails

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Gnus not showing all mails
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 21:39:57 +0800

henry atting <atts.henry@gmail.com> writes:

> All of a sudden gnus (Ma Gnus v0.12) only shows a part of the mails lying
> on the imap server. Currently there are 8, mutt displays them all; gnus
> only shows 5. Restarting, reloading, `/o`... nothing helps, I only get 5
> mails. When I send me a test mail the new mail is displayed
> nevertheless.
>
> Don't know how to further investigate this problem.

Sometimes what works is going into the group parameters ("G p" on the
group), deleting the "active" line, C-c C-c to exit, then go back to the
group line and press "M-g" to refresh that particular group. I find that
if I'm using multiple clients (Gnus or not) on an imap server, Gnus
doesn't automatically refresh read message marks from the server, and
these steps are necessary to make it do that. Give it a try, and let us
know?

Eric