Sunrise commander: file and/or path name substitutions

From: Guido Van Hoecke
Subject: Sunrise commander: file and/or path name substitutions
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 18:47:42 +0200

Hi José,

I frequently use file and/or path substitutions with Sunrise Commander
(the %f, %F ... %p %P sequences)

It would be so helpful if the commands would be entered in the eshell
history without substitutions.

That way commands are reusable with other selections.

Unfortunately I have to switch to Midnight Commander whenever I need /
want this behavior.

This might be completely irreconcilable with the internals of Sunrise,
but who knows, it doesn't hurt to pop the question :)

(For what it's worth,  I mostly use eshell, sometimes bash)

Guido

--
Within a computer, natural language is unnatural.