Re: run emacs in batch mode without a tty

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: Re: run emacs in batch mode without a tty
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 15:01:18 -0700 (PDT)

> So my question then becomes: is there a way to stop emacs -batch from
> terminating when it reaches the end of the script?

The docs say:

   "In batch mode (see Batch Mode), sit-for cannot be interrupted, even by
input from the standard input descriptor. It is thus equivalent to sleep-for,
which is described below."

but I am pretty sure (sit-for seconds) *IS* interrupted by something.

So... this

    (while t
      (sleep-for 30))

Stops the script from ending until I'm ready to explicitly end it.

Muahahaha!