Org keymap question

From: Alan
Subject: Org keymap question
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 07:56:31 -0700 (PDT)

Function "orgtbl-setup" (in "lisp/org/org-table.el.gz", where my Emacs is GNU
Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21) of 2015-04-10
on builder10-9.porkrind.org) has a number of key bindings that seem to get
defined in minor mode "orgtbl-mode", but don't get defined when using Org (as
in editing a file that has extension ".org").

My first use of Org was in creating a table of information.  I used the Org
Mode Manual (Info node "org" on my distribution) as a guide.  In node "(org)
Built-in table editor" some of these missing keymap definitions are listed.
The one of interest to me was "org-table-insert-column".  I didn't find it
bound to any key and wondered why isn't it bound.

So, my question is why isn't e.g. "org-table-insert-colunn" bound to a key when
using Org?  And why does the Info manual suggest that such a key binding
exists, without qualification?  That function (and others) can be found in a
keymap--as described above--but that binding seems to be reserved for minor
mode "orgtbl-mode" (invoking that mode when in Org is not allowed).