save-place function broke

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: save-place function broke
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 06:48:22 -0400 (EDT)

I have emacs 24.51 working over here for the most part. Two versions earlier when I used save-place in my .emacs file when I opened a file for subsequent editing I'd be put on the same location in that file where I had stopped editing the last time. The version before emacs 24.51 somehow broke save-place since even though my place is saved when I save a file, I always open an existing file and start on row 1 column 1. I was hoping emacs 24.51 would revert that behavior but that didn't happen.