Re: help in same window + colorful help + Blümchen

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: help in same window + colorful help + Blümchen
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 13:28:51 +0200

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

>> [...] so the effort should also be to make it look
>> its best from the get-go!
>
> ...what looks to you "best" might be my worst
> nightmare. Or might be unsuitable for a definite
> purpose. So our best bet would be to make it
> possible for each user to customize things for
> herself, as easily as possible.

This old relativist thing is tired...

Obviously no one suggested Emacs shouldn't be
configurable anymore. By "best" I mean what would
appeal to most people, the most, and the quickest at
that.

I dare say a majority of humankind like colors.
Those who don't due to a limited emotional register
and lack of drug experience to compensate, to those
the most bone-headed programmers we can appeal to
their supposed intellects and say it is efficient as
well as good looking. Because it is! It is like the
girl Chun Li in the old "Street Fighter 2" game:
strength and beauty in one.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573