RE: cl-dolist, dolist, cl-return,

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: cl-dolist, dolist, cl-return,
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 07:02:16 -0700 (PDT)

> there are so many, which overlap...

> In C there are what I remember only three loops (if
> you don't count recursion, or gotos for that matter) -
> the familiar for, while, and 'do while'.

Because it is easy in Lisp to define your own so-called "control
structures".

So people do.  And they share them.  And they keep defining them
and sharing them.  And some of them get large communities of
adherents or get established as "standard" or conventional for a
given Lisp dialect.

This is different from languages where certain structures are
provided as defining the language, and you must learn them and
stick to them.

You like `do'.  I like `while'.
You like `loop'.  I like `iterate'.
Tomayto, tomahto, potayto, potahto.