Re: What does "lacks a prefix" mean?

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: What does "lacks a prefix" mean?
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 10:01:42 -0400

In article <mailman.6590.1436397914.904.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
 Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> wrote:

> Actually I see no harm using let* all the time.

This is a frequent subject of style arguments.

As far as the computer is concerned, there should be no problem with
using let* all the time. But to human readers, it makes a difference.
Some of us view the * as being a red flag, warning the reader that
something unusual is being done. We'll then expend more mental energy
looking for the dependencies. let is the "normal" method, let* is
"special".

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA