Re: emacsclient not integrated into modern window systems

From: Vaidheeswaran C
Subject: Re: emacsclient not integrated into modern window systems
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 09:58:48 +0530

    From http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18431#8

    > Error (warning) message as follows is given:
    >
    > emacsclient: can't find socket; have you started the server?
    > To start the server in Emacs, type "M-x server-start".
    >
    > After printing which, it starts ok, editing the file!!

    It it is letting you know that it tried to contact an existing
    Emacs instance but failed, and it shares the message text with the
    non --alternate-editor case. Yes, the message could be
    special-cased for --alternate-editor, but it doesn't seem like a
    big deal.

LOL.

Emacsclient talks like my wife.  When it says one thing, it means
totally different thing.  My wife is just my wife and not a big deal
to me, whatever she says to me.  That is how I deal with her.

IMNSHO, "not a big deal", is not an argument but an emotional appeal.
If I were in your place, I would feel unwelcome and reluctant as well.

Why is it hard for you to say "No big deal!" and move on.  "No big
deal!" is panacea for all the ailments.

"(All this is) No big deal" -- That is what Upanishads say anyway,
don't you agree?