Re: How to speed up cutting & pasting from/to emacs?

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: How to speed up cutting & pasting from/to emacs?
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 18:28:51 +0100

Ian Zimmerman <itz@buug.org> writes:

> On 2015-07-12 13:17 +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote:
>
>> How can I speed up the cutting and pasting please?
>>
>> I've tried using the 'clipmon' program but that causes my emacs to
>> freeze, and sometimes the whole setup so that I have to reboot!
>
> Perhaps your problem is related to this:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-emacs-sources/2008-04/msg00008.html
>
> By the way, I am the author of the eclips.el module mentioned there, and
> I guess it does the same thing as clipmon, but from within Emacs.  (Just
> guessing here, I don't know clipmon.)  You may like to give eclips a try.

Thanks Ian for your reply.

I would like to try out 'eclips.el' if only I could find it! I googled
for it, and there were no hits for it, so please, where is it? Can you
give me an url, or package details of it on ELPA, which I can't find it
on there either? Plenty of hits for 'eclipse', but none for 'eclips.el'.
So please, where is it?

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian 8.0, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 24.5.50.2