local problem with missing articles in gnus nnimap

From: Hikaru Ichijyo
Subject: local problem with missing articles in gnus nnimap
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 12:14:00 -0500

I've been using Gnus at home for awhile now, and it works great, so I
setup the same version of Gnus on the same version/distro of Linux at
the office, and I'm connecting to the same IMAP server with nnimap.

Somehow though, a few recent emails don't seem to show up, even when
nothing is being limited and threading is off.  If I look at the same
mailbox in Alpine, it's all there.  If I go home and look in Gnus on my
home machine, it's all there.  No mails are really gone, but a few just
don't show up in Gnus on my office machine.

I'd imagine there's some kind of overview caching going on, because the
problem seems to definitely be on the client end, and localized to one
machine.

I tried using gnus-server-regenerate-server on it, but it said that
command isn't available for nnimap sources.  So much for that.

Is there some folder or dot-file somewhere in my home directory that I
can delete or clean somehow to fix this?  It can't be anything serious,
because the mail isn't really gone.

--
He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent