Re: C-= ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: C-= ?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 01:14:14 +0200

Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> writes:

> If you are going to recommend people to hijack
> arbitrary Unicode characters for extended keycodes,
> at least tell them to pick codes from the
> Private Use Area (U+E000 up to and including
> U+F8FF). It is the Unicode equivalent of RFC 1918 IP
> addresses — guaranteed to never have an
> official meaning.

Ha ha, "hijack arbitrary Unicode characters" -
oh, Yuri, you old flatterer!

No, I think I'll do even better, I'll simply include
that whole paragraph in the tutorial, if you
don't mind!

> Better yet, design a complete, unambiguous,
> international-friendly and backward-compatible
> keycode system and lobby for its support
> out-of-the-box in the Linux tty and Xterm.

You forget that I am not in favor of
"international-friendly" stuff in the
computer-computer world, where it should be 512 chars
max and Anglo-American only.

Otherwise I would have done it instantly :)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573