Re: How to get the new frame?

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: How to get the new frame?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 18:42:04 -0700

On 2015-07-21 03:03 +0200, Emanuel Berg wrote:

> "get at"...?
>
> You want to get *to* the frame, or get the actual frame?

Get the frame object into a Lisp variable, that is all.  It was a dumb
question, since selected-frame does exactly what I want.

> By the way: Why do people use frames?

I won't answer in general, but in this particular situation:  I want to
temporarily open a file in the context of other programs (such as a web
browser) which I always place on a different window manager desktop than
Emacs, and then close it.