Re: How to get the new frame?

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: How to get the new frame?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 21:46:00 -0700

On 2015-07-20 20:56 -0700, John Mastro wrote:

> (window-frame (get-buffer-window (find-file-other-frame ...)))

The problem here is that the file may already be open (it's a real,
pratical possibility) in which case there's no promise that
get-buffer-window will return the new one.

But, as I wrote in reply to Emanuel, since I'm not worried about
concurrency or Emacs acting behind my back, selected-frame works just
fine.