Re: semantic-symref-symbol returns "Wrong argument type"

From: Nicolas Bock
Subject: Re: semantic-symref-symbol returns "Wrong argument type"
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 13:53:12 -0600

Hi Dimitry,

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 1:49 PM, Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> wrote:
> On 07/22/2015 10:34 PM, Nicolas Bock wrote:
>
>> I enabled semtantic-mode and opened a Fortran source file. When I run
>> semantic-symref-symbol I get the following in the status line:
>>
>> Wrong type argument: syntax-table-p, nil
>

> It seems Semantic doesn't support Fortran. As such, it can't determine the
> "current symbol", and the search for symbols won't work.

That's what I suspected, but what I don't understand is why it doesn't
use 'grep' as a fallback. That should be language agnostic, I would
think.

>> The same sequence of steps works for a C source file. What does this
>> error message tell me?
>

> Make it wanted you to M-x toggle-debug-on-error, and fix the error all by
> yourself. Filing a bug is also an adequate reaction.

The backtrace unfortunately does not help me much either:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument syntax-table-p nil)
  set-syntax-table(nil)
  semantic-ctxt-current-symbol-default(nil)
  semantic-ctxt-current-symbol()
  semantic-ctxt-current-thing()
  semantic-complete-default-to-tag(nil)
  semantic-complete-read-tag-engine([object
semantic-collector-project-brutish "Symrefs for: " #<buffer
solvers_mod.F90> nil unbound unbound unbound unbound unbound #<buffer
solvers_mod.F90>] [object
semantic-displayor-traditional-with-focus-highlight "simple" nil
unbound unbound] "Symrefs for: " nil nil nil)
  semantic-complete-read-tag-project("Symrefs for: ")
  (semantic-tag-name (semantic-complete-read-tag-project "Symrefs for: "))
  (list (semantic-tag-name (semantic-complete-read-tag-project
"Symrefs for: ")))
  call-interactively(semantic-symref-symbol nil nil)
  command-execute(semantic-symref-symbol)