Re: semantic-symref-symbol returns "Wrong argument type"

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: semantic-symref-symbol returns "Wrong argument type"
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 23:05:45 +0300

On 07/22/2015 10:53 PM, Nicolas Bock wrote:

That's what I suspected, but what I don't understand is why it doesn't
use 'grep' as a fallback. That should be language agnostic, I would
think.

Like I said, it could use Grep, but first it wants to determine what to search for (the "symbol"), and that's normally the "current tag", in buffers supported by Semantic.

Regarding Grep, though, there's no entry for Fortran in semantic-symref-filepattern-alist.

If you're using the current master (or can install it), you could try M-x xref-find-regexp instead. Or M-x xref-find-references.

The backtrace unfortunately does not help me much either:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument syntax-table-p nil)
   set-syntax-table(nil)

This is from macro-expansion of `with-syntax-table'. As you can see, the argument is semantic-lex-syntax-table, which is apparently nil.

   semantic-ctxt-current-symbol-default(nil)

^ That's the function, inside which you should be looking.