Re: incomplete man output

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: incomplete man output
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 01:36:25 +0200

Igor Bukanov <igor@mir2.org> writes:

> I use Emacs 24.5.1 on Fedora 22. For some reasons
> when showing long man pages Emacs cut the output at
> arbitrary point. For example running man bash cuts
> the output at about 50%-90% abruptly terminating the
> text. Running emacs with -Q does not solve this.

What happens if you do 'man bash' in the shell?

Does it output the complete file?

On Debian, I have the bash man page here:

    /usr/share/man/man1/bash.1.gz

You can use 'whereis bash' to find out where, if you
feds have it somewhere else.

If the man in the shell (/usr/bin/man) outputs the
complete file (or, equivalently, the file is
consistent) then yes, you have discovered a HUGE bug.
But let's hold our breath just a little longer.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573