Re: How to get the new frame?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to get the new frame?
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 01:14:37 +0200

"B. T. Raven" <btraven@nihilo.net> writes:

> I use 2 frames under w32, w64, courier (monospace 8
> line high) to display *Calendar* and arial

I don't know what you say. Suggestion tho to use the
same monospace font for everything in one frame, but
with different windows.

> Is there a way to read display geometry so I can use
> the same .emacs for laptops and desktops?

There are several ways to do that but it is easier if
you just use the same .emacs with a branch on some
variable, then set it to different values for the
different computers and get the desired options.

> Now I have to mouse around in order to make the
> monospace frame the minimum usable height (different
> on laptops and desktops).

Yes, merge both solutions, then turn one chunk of
setup code for one case and the other for the other.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573