Re: How to get the new frame?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How to get the new frame?
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 10:13:46 +0300

> From: Javier <nospam@nospam.com>
> Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 22:38:35 +0000 (UTC)
>
> What does it give?
>
> M-: (x-display-list)
>
> I'm curious to see how displays are named in Win32.  It might not even work
> as there is no X server in Win32.

It works and returns ("w32").

In general, all x-* functions do work on Windows in GUI sessions,
because the Lisp application code is too replete with calls to these
functions, so if they didn't work, many features would fail on Windows
for no good reason.

So you should always assume those functions work on Windows, unless
there's no way they can be made workable.

> I have never used proportional fonts in emacs.

Emacs will load and use them behind your back anyway, when the default
font doesn't support some special character.