Re: Local variables and mode hooks

From: Lele Gaifax
Subject: Re: Local variables and mode hooks
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 20:49:01 +0200

Ian Zimmerman <itz@buug.org> writes:

> On 2015-07-18 13:32 +0200, Lele Gaifax wrote:
>
>> Is there some hook that I can use that runs *after* the major mode
>> hooks *and* the local variables settings got applied, so that I can
>> force whitespace refresh and trigger a flymake check?
>
> I have never done this, but according to the manual the special file
> variable `eval' causes the evaluation of an arbitrary Lisp expression.
> Presumably the same is true for directory variable lists.

Yes, thank you, that made the trick:

  ((nil . ((fill-column . 70)
           ;; force reinstall of whitespace font-lock customization
           (eval . (whitespace-color-on))))
   (python-mode . ((flymake-python-pyflakes-executable . "python3")
                   (flymake-python-pyflakes-extra-arguments . ("-m" "pyflakes"))
                   ;; force a check after a timeout
                   (eval . (flymake-simple-cleanup)))))

ciao, lele.
lele@metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.