mu4e and tagging

From: Colin Yates
Subject: mu4e and tagging
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 05:21:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I have read the manual and googled around but I can't find the answer (maybe my
terminology is wrong?).

Basically I have a number of email accounts and I want to apply a number of
'tags' to a message (e.g. 'family', 'important', 'urgent' and so on). This
let's me then find all 'important' emails very quickly. For this to work I need
to apply multiple tags to a single email and apply the same tag to emails
across the various accounts.

I have mu4e 'working' so I can pull emails and search across them, but I just
can't figure out how to 'tag' them. 'Filing' isn't sufficient as I can only put
it in one folder...

I did think about maybe using org-mode and linking to the email as a solution
but that is a bit beyond my skills.. I also considered notmuch as well, or even
the good old gnus, but they are both new to me.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!