Re: Special Characters

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Special Characters
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 04:49:01 +0200

>> I think "what-char" is neat as it is faster to type
>> and consistent with `what-face' etc.
>
> And why not just move point to that place and type
> `C-u C-x ='? On my keyboard, this is faster even
> than `M-x what-char RET'.

It might be faster in some sense but that isn't
something I do every day and neither does the
Joe Emacs Hacker deeming from that bulky keystroke.

If I did use it often, I would assign a better
keystroke, but I don't so I'll stick with "what-char".

I like the idea of asking questions and having the
computer answer them. More people should do interfaces
like that. Here is a good example of what I mean:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/distance/

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573