Re: req-package

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: req-package
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 06:07:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 4:03:05 PM UTC+5:30, Edward Knyshov wrote:
> Rusi, if I correctly understood your request, I think you already have this
> functionality in req-package.
> Req-package will do network downloads only in cases when package is now
> available offline on your loadpath,
> so it wil run correctly in offline, after you run it once with network
> connection.
> One thing I don't understand is why you need to avoid dependency management
> in normal mode?
> It runs offline and your config will be completely non-working if we start
> to run without dependency related reordering.
>
> Edward.

Ok I guess I am confusing something or other
I tried your emacsconfig from github.
First time it took some 15 minutes to download all the packages (near 60M).
Ok... One time downloads are fine

But thereafter I remember seeing network like calls every time I start emacs
Switched back to my init
Now I again switch to yours and I dont see them...
So as I said must be confusing something...

So in general is that if we switch to req-package, all that was originally
going into init.el now has to go into the init-real which is on the
after-init-hook?

Then what is run-emacs.el for?
Its all rather confusing...