Re: why am I asked to Visit tags table for ~/.emacs.d/init.el?

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: Re: why am I asked to Visit tags table for ~/.emacs.d/init.el?
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 07:18:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Monday, 17 August 2015 11:55:00 UTC+1, Sam Halliday  wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a separate tags table for each project/directory that I'm working
> with, which is ideal. When I find-tag in any of my projects for the first
> time since starting emacs, the correct tags table is automatically discovered
> and selected, which is great.
>
> However, if I do find-tags in my ~/.emacs.d/init.el I still get asked which
> tags table to use, despite the fact that there is a TAGS file in ~/.emacs.d
>
> Is this expected behaviour? I would have thought that the TAGS file would be
> trivially discovered.

I think I've worked this out ... it is expected behaviour. In my projects
(which are all git repositories) I am using projectile and it automatically
detects and visits the TAGS for a project that it recognises. Projectile does
not, however, recognise my ~/.emacs.d directory as a project and hence does not
load the tags file.