Re: Call to `openssl` causes Emacs to freeze

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: Call to `openssl` causes Emacs to freeze
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 22:11:17 +1000

tomas@tuxteam.de writes:

Only indirectly related, but I had similar experiences accessing https things. Gnutls-cli failed in my case, my best bet was compiled-in TLS support. So if you are compiling your Emacs yourself anyway, I'd strongly recommend using that: resorting to an external program (openssl or gnutls-bin) makes some things difficult for the application.

Thanks for the suggestion! i've just recompiled after having installed the `gnutls-dev` package - will see how that goes. :-)

Alexis.