Re: \303\251

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: \303\251
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 10:54:55 +0300

> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 00:42:28 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Luiggi <fritpointfr@gmail.com>
>
>    I'm sorry  but I do not understand what I should do. From the first
> answer, I understood it would be safer to have first a copy of my
> #MyFile.tx#. Done. And then? If I try Alt-X recover file emacs seems to wait
> for the name of the file to be recovered. If I answer #MyFile.tex# or
> Copy_MyFile.tex emacs says "No" (...is an auto-save file or ... not current).

Either

  M-x recover-file RET MyFile.tex RET

(without the # characters), or

  M-x recover-session RET

then navigate to the session and the file you want to recover, and
press RET.

There's also "M-x recover-this-file RET", which makes sense in the
buffer that visits the file you want to recover -- this is generally
useful when you discover that the text in the buffer doesn't include
the edits you did before the crash.