Re: tramp mode locale for dir listings

From: Javier
Subject: Re: tramp mode locale for dir listings
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 23:09:24 +0000 (UTC)

How are you customizing the sorting?  The default is aphabetized as
though the initial dot of dotfiles didn't exist.

Are you using .dir-locals.el files to customize the sorting in the
browsed directory or in its parent dirs?  Looking for those files is
diabled in tramp for the sake of performance since looking for them in
all the parent dirs would be too slow.

(info "(emacs) Directory Variables")

  Emacs searches for `.dir-locals.el' starting in the
  directory of the visited file, and moving up the directory tree.  To
  avoid slowdown, this search is skipped for remote files.  If needed,
  the search can be extended for remote files by setting the variable
  `enable-remote-dir-locals' to `t'.