Re: From Gnus to mu4e

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: From Gnus to mu4e
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 23:28:43 -0700

On 2015-08-25 07:49 +0200, Bastien wrote:

> After a *lot* of scratching and testing, here is my setup:
>
> - Gnus for news and mails: because there are too many things I miss in
>   other MUA.  A simple example: quote only the selected region when
>   replying.  This cannot be implemented easily in mu and notmuch.

I completely respect your choices - this one and the others.  But I
still would like to point out that this may also be an example of
something else.

Choices of this kind are always a tradeoff.  Great as Gnus is I don't
think it is perfect, or else I'd use it :-)  So, how bad are the
problems with Gnus, and how bad are the problems with the others?  The
missing feature you mention doesn't strike _me_ as a particularly
serious problem.  After all, you have to select the region first, so
it's about the same amount of work as deleting the unwanted material in
the reply.

So if this were the _only_ problem with MUA X, it would not make me drop
it and use Gnus.  But YMMV!