Making scroll-other-window work with pdf-view/doc-view

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Making scroll-other-window work with pdf-view/doc-view
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 14:52:29 +0200

Hi all,

is there a way to make `scroll-other-window' work in such a way which
would consider what scrolling means in the other window buffer's mode?

Concretely, I'm writing a latex document and have the compiled PDF in
another buffer shown in the other window.  When I press M-<prior> or
M-<next> to scroll the other window, it scrolls the image of the current
page up or down and then jumps back.  What I like it to do was to scroll
and then jump to the next/previous page, e.g., scroll-other-window
should actually call `pdf-view-scroll-up-or-next-page' and
`pdf-view-scroll-down-or-previous-page'.

I've tried remapping `scroll-up', `scroll-up-command',
`image-scroll-up', and `image-scroll-down' in `pdf-view-mode-map' but
that didn't do the trick.

The same problem applies also to `doc-view-mode' where other window
scrolling "fails" in the same way.

Any idea how to get that right?

Bye,
Tassilo