Re: From Gnus to mu4e

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: From Gnus to mu4e
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 19:15:29 +0200

Hi Rainer,

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> There is one program accessing the mail folder: dovecot - no conflicts, race
> conditions, no slightly different formats, standards, ... And you can
> also remotely access dovecot if you want to.
>
> By the way: the dovecot daemon is not permanently running, as I am using
> the shell access from gnus:
>
> ,----
> | (nnimap-shell-program "/usr/local/opt/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/imap -o
> mail_location=maildir:$HOME/Maildir")))
> `----
>
> The same from offlineimap:
>
> ,----
> | preauthtunnel = /usr/local/opt/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/imap -o
> mail_location=maildir:$HOME/Maildir
> `----

Interesting -- can you detail this parts of your configuration?

I am not using dovecot locally so far, just nnmaildir from Gnus.

But I've encountered some annoying race conditions, while sync'ing
through mbsync *and* reading/replying from Gnus, so I'm interested
in knowing how to avoid them -- ideally letting mbsync to run in
the background.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien