Re: Commands like ls(1) does not emits color sequences in 25.0.50.1

From: Random832
Subject: Re: Commands like ls(1) does not emits color sequences in 25.0.50.1
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 13:57:21 +0000 (UTC)

Stefan Monnier <monnier <at> iro.umontreal.ca> writes:
> >> function.  You can test for the EMACS environment variable in your shell
>
> That's been deprecated for ages.

I don't know how I would have discovered that - there's no documentation for
this function, which I found by searching for "TERM". There's no
documentation of that fact anywhere inside comint.el.

It's mentioned in the manual at
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Interactive-Shell.html
, but that page doesn't come up for any reasonable search on how Emacs sets
TERM.