Re: member returns list

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: member returns list
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 03:28:58 +0200

Random832 <random832@fastmail.com> writes:

> And a discussion of Lisp-dialect-based window
> managers isn't complete without mentioning Sawfish,
> which was briefly the default GNOME window manager.
> It is built on something called "Librep", which is
> described as a cross between elisp and scheme.

Both stumpwm and sawfish install with no problems and
executes fine by just putting either of

    stumpwm &
    sawfish &

in ~/.xinitrc - however stumpwm doesn't come with the
familiar M-TAB application menu by default.

sawfish does, tho the menu doesn't look as nice as
with openbox (which is in C, by the way).

But sawfish in one way does this better than openbox,
as it doesn't highlight the to-be-focused window when
you iterate the menu with an annoying border. If I can
find a better looking theme for sawfish, or edit it by
hand, I'll take it.

stumpwm also outputs lots of error messages.

stumpwm also doesn't give focus to the one
fullscreened window unless the mouse pointer is over
it; this can be solved by

    DISPLAY=:0 xdotool mousemove 0 0

tho then you have to live with the annoying pointer
being visible until you start typing.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573