Re: magit, changelogs and commit formatting

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: magit, changelogs and commit formatting
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 00:20:04 +0800

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> On 09/11/2015 06:38 PM, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
>> I know we're supposed to move to automatically-generated changelogs Real
>> Soon Now, but in the meantime...
>
> We've transitioned to it already.

I thought I was paying attention! Sorry.

>> I'm having a bit of confusion about the best way to format git patches
>> for Emacs packages.
>
> Not sure about third-party packages, but for patches for Emacs, see
> CONTRIBUTE.

That clears up most of my questions, thank you.

I'd still be interested in seeing actual workflows, from whoever was
willing to share. I contribute occasionally to Gnus, Org and BBDB, and
each package seems to have its own particular relationship with the
general Emacs codebase.

But generally speaking, that answers the question. Thanks!

Eric