Re: On OS X C-c locks system: workaround?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: On OS X C-c locks system: workaround?
Date: 14 Sep 2015 20:03:56 GMT

Alan E. Davis wrote:
> Isn't it strange that OS X has emacs installed natively, while no GNU/Linux
> distro of dozens I have tried do.  Another life lesson.

Yes, but don't use the Emacs that comes with OS X. It's decades old.
Well, that's an exaggeration, but only a small one.

There are several Emacs apps for OS X, in my time as an OS X user (gone
now ;-) I came to prefer the one offered here:

http://emacsformacosx.com/

Others swear by the version that can be installed through Homebrew (if
you haven't installed Homebrew yet, you should seriously consider it.)

As to your problem with C-c, I've never experienced it or read about it
before. If you really were using the preinstalled Emacs, perhaps your
problem is related to it?

--
Joost Kremers                                   joostkremers@fastmail.fm
EN:SiS(9)