Re: shift+left/right arrow cannot be bound in Emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: shift+left/right arrow cannot be bound in Emacs
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 01:40:39 +0200

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> I can bind in Emacs:
>
> The left/right arrow keys, like
>
> control+left, or left (alt/hyper/super)+left but *not*
> shift+left.

In the ttys, the shift isn't reported when I combine
it with the left or right arrow key. That shortcut
isn't to my liking (one must move the right hand from
typing position and then reset) but if you by any
chance use the ttys as well and this is the reason why
it doesn't work, here is a tutorial that shows how to
make it work:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/tty-emacs-keys.txt

And, the left arrow key is keycode 105; ditto
right: 106.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573