Re: 25.0.50.1, ert: (should (bolp)) fails in batch-mode

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: 25.0.50.1, ert: (should (bolp)) fails in batch-mode
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 09:27:32 +0200

Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:

>>> In this case position is at BOL, why (bolp) fails from batch-mode?
>>> Test succeeds when called interactively.
>> Can you show a test case for that?
>>

> It's here:
>
> https://travis-ci.org/emacs-berlin/general-close/builds
>
> For now the failing commit is that before the last one.

This is no test case, it is a build report which also links to you tests
but those are not easily understandable.

Can you provide some minimal and isolated test case which shows the
problem?  Something like:

(ert-deftest test-bolp ()
  (with-current-buffer (get-buffer "*scratch*")
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (should (bolp))
    (while (not (= 1 (forward-line 1)))
      (should (bolp)))
    (while (not (= -1 (forward-line -1)))
      (should (bolp)))))

That succeeds interactively and also in batch-mode.

I guess the problem in your setting is that it depends on your
customization if you end up at BOL in your tests.  Do your tests also
fail in an interactive session with emacs -Q?

Bye,
Tassilo