Re: gnus Split Rules to SIEVE

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: gnus Split Rules to SIEVE
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 02:00:54 +0200

Esben Stien <b0ef@esben-stien.name> writes:

>> (By the way, why don't the OP publish all or
>> a couple of his Gnus splitting rules so we can
>> reason about the real thing?)
>
> Fortunately, my requirements are not that hard;)
>
> I basically have a list of 400 entries, like this:
>
> [...] Mailing-List [...]
>
> Most mailing lists use the List-Id header, so all my
> lines are exactly like this.

For mailing lists, it is much better to use Gmane
which does exactly what you want but without getting
all the mail everyday and sorting and storing it, and
where everything is automatized and built (not tweaked)
for this exact purpose. It is a huge improvement
switching from Gnus mailing list splitting into
newsgroups if you only have say 20 or so mailing
lists, and if you have 400...?!

Here are a couple of dumps of Gnus with Gmane:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/gmane/

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573