Re: Emacs, Mac OS X and opening from Shell

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Re: Emacs, Mac OS X and opening from Shell
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 19:41:54 +0100

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 7:31 PM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 18:38:39 +0100
> > From: Alberto Simões <hashashin@gmail.com>
> > Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> >
> >     > Any idea how I can make it behave as I described earlier?
> >
> >     Make it invoke emacsclient instead.
> >
> > It seems it opens another window as well :-(
>
> No, it doesn't, at least not by default.  Did you read its
> documentation?

Well, as far as I understood, by default it should open in the same frame.
But it doesn't.
I tried adding the -c, that creates a new frame as promised (so, giving no
real difference).
I also tried -nw, but same behavior.

So, it seems to be a misbehavior of the MacOS Version (using this version -
http://emacsformacosx.com/)
Or I am really doing something wrong... that is *really* a possibility >:-)

Thanks,
Alberto

--
Alberto Simões