Re: GNU emacs on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: GNU emacs on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 14:07:45 -0600

Alexandre Oberlin wrote:
> I cannot manage to bind ctrl+home/ctrl+end to beginning/end-of-buffer in
> Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
> Event doing it interactively does not work. Instead of "ctrl+home", I get
> "home" in command-history:
> (global-set-key (quote [home]) (quote beginning-of-buffer))

I know you said you already solved this but let me comment for the
archive.  I have these bindings and they work in the terminal.

  (global-set-key [home] 'beginning-of-buffer)
  (global-set-key [S-home] 'end-of-buffer)
  (global-set-key [end] 'end-of-buffer)
  (global-set-key [S-end] 'beginning-of-buffer)

Bob