RE: Thanks Re: Global keymap not found

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Thanks Re: Global keymap not found
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 10:09:13 -0700 (PDT)

> >  Have you tried C-h b?  What kind of information do you miss?
>
> No I have not tried it as I had not been directaed to doing it.
> The C-h b was just the thing I was looking for.

Welcome to Emacs.  Start with `C-h C-h'.  Learn its many corners.
There you will see, near the top (2nd line in the menu):

b           Display all key bindings.

> The manual should be readable selectively, i.e. one should find
> fundamental things at once after one has chosen in the table of
> context an interesting point. So I was - still am - interested in
> abbreviations, chose 48 and was stuck there.

`i' is your friend in Info.  (Or menubar Info, submenu Index.)

Again, for best use of Info (reading manuals), start at the beginning:
the Info manual, not the Emacs manual.