get current frame size?

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: get current frame size?
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 17:21:28 +0530

I end up working with different monitors and each time I end up doing
a trail and error method to get the right frame size for Emacs that
covers the width of the screen and 80% of the height.  Note that I
don't want a fullscreen mode which I can invoke from the command
line.  Is there a way to query the current frame to return the
dimensions so that I can plug it in my .Emacs?

Something like

(if (window-system) (set-frame-size (selected-frame) 124 40))

where the last 2 numbers seem to change for laptop screen

 sivaram