Re: Emacs in a terminal via qrsh on Sun Grid Engine - text rendering

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs in a terminal via qrsh on Sun Grid Engine - text rendering
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 20:57:18 +0300

> From: Javier <nospam@nospam.com>
> Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 17:47:36 +0000 (UTC)
>
> > I've done that and the problem persists :(
>
> It might be that the colors of the emacs font faces in the buffer and
> statusbar are the problem.  Try
>
> TERM=xterm emacs -nw

Emacs on a TTY doesn't use any fonts.

If you mean the colors are the problem, then I don't understand how
could that be.  Are you saying that sending a command to the terminal
to switch on or off some color causes the cursor to move?  That can
happen only if the terminal driver is buggy, or if the value of TERM
lies to Emacs wrt the real features of the terminal (i.e. some problem
in the termcap/terminfo database).