Question on frame title

From: Benny Sum
Subject: Question on frame title
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 08:26:01 -0700 (PDT)

I try to run shell-command to retrieve some information on the file and put it
in the title frame.  But I got some strange behavior:

(setq frame-title-format
 (list (format "%s" (shell-command-to-string(concat "ls -1 " " %b ")))))

But it says ls: cannot access filename: No such file or directory on the title
frame.

It seems the filename is correct, but not sure why cannot access it.  Is it due
to the white space returned from the %b?

Anyone has a example code to run a shell-command on %b in frame-title-format?