Re: Rebind key and save/reuse previous bound function

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Rebind key and save/reuse previous bound function
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 17:33:03 +0100

Joe Riel <joer@san.rr.com> writes:

> The function key-binding will do what I described,
> and is probably what I'll use, but what I think
> I really want is something more akin to
> substitute-key-definition, but which, rather than
> substituting a function, returns the original
> function. Does that exist?

Instead of verbalizing this in half-baked terms of
techno-techno-technology, it'll be much easier for you
and us to understand and help if you just say what you
want to *do*.

I.e.:

    1. You are looking at Emacs.

    2. Your fingertips are at keys a, s, d, f
       and j, k, l, ;

    3. Your shoulders are relaxed (OK now, sorry :)

    4. What is it at this moment that you want to
       *do*, that you cannot?

Of course, feel free to speculate how to solve the
problem. Even if the theorizing is wrong it is still
better than doing nothing and if you put it into words
that will benefit the thought process and you will
look up information in doing so, *and* people won't
hesitate to tell you if you are wrong, which is
helpful to you and everyone else reading the post.

But before you do any of that, please do answer
question 4 or else the good intentions/activity will
much rather come to nothing.

And the beat goes on...  ((d[-_-]b))

--
underground experts united